Genuine Leather Upper Premium leather makes up the upper on this shoe and is shaped over our exclusive SAS Footshape® last to follow the natural curves and arches of your foot.
SAS CoolSTEP™ Footbed Our CoolSTEP™ removable foot-bed is designed to keep your feet dry and comfortable all day long. An anti-friction top cover inhibits heat, making it cooler under your foot. The bottom layer wicks away moisture while cushioning each step. SAS CoolSTEP™ footbeds are antibacterial and washable, to promote healthy feet.
SAS TRIPAD® Cushioning Our TRIPAD® material cushions the three pressure points of your foot: the inside ball, the outside ball, and the heel with shock-absorption meant to last all day.
Lightweight Comfort Sole This is a multilayered, flexible, and durable sole. The SAS SteadyTrac midsole gives optimum shock-absorption and lateral stability throughout the walk cycle. A rubber outsole provides maximum grip and comfort in a non-marking compound designed to cushion your foot on the trail or street. This sole is lighter and more flexible than our SAS Comfort Sole found on SAS styles like Journey and JV.
Something you should know about the Venture shoe review by Marc on 11/30/2017
I've owned SAS Journeys for several years. I wanted something like a dress sneaker, so I tried Venture. I wear a 13 Medium in a Journey, and a 13 Wide in the Venture. SAS says the 2 are made on the same last, but the Venture is narrower in the toe box than the Journey. In truth, the Journey is a very wide Medium width. I normally wear a wide. I have a custom orthotic, and the Venture has room for it once the insole is removed.
Things I like:
1) The shoe fits to size. Lengths and widths are true
2) The Venture is padded under the insole, so you don't lose much cushioning by removing the insole
3) You can wear them with pants or shorts
4) The Navy color is not overstated. It is a subdued dark blue and quite nice
5) No break in
6) Not as stiff as the Journey shoe, but still has structure
All in all, a nice shoe that has a more youthful appearance than other SAS shoes
Walk A Mile review by Rodney on 11/30/2017
Just added a pair of good looking Ventures to my SAS shoe collection and they're as comfortable as all the other SAS shoes of mine. These are very light weight shoes. SAS always does an outstanding job of creating quality footwear that is always so comfortable and will last for many years. SAS knows what they're doing and they do it right.
Quality, comfort, and fit are very important to SAS. Because of this, we always recommend being fitted for SAS shoes at one of our retail stores whenever possible. Our in-store fittings include the use of The Brannock Device to get an indication of proper size. A shoe is not ‘fitted’ until it is placed on the foot, but the fitting process can begin with this device. Size is first measured heel to toe, then the arch measurement is taken from ball to heel and width measurement is indicated on the outer side of the foot. Both feet are measured and a variety of sizes and widths may be recommended to try before making a final selection.
Men's Fit Guide
|US Sizes||Euro Sizes||UK Sizes||Inches||CM|
|Men's Widths Size Chart|
|B = (S) Slim|
|C = (N) Narrow|
|D = (M) Medium|
|E = (W) Wide|
|EE - EEE = (WW) Double Wide|
|EEE - EEEE = (WWW) Triple Wide|
Tips for Measuring and Fitting
- Remember, when we go up in size, the width may also increase.
- All styles fit differently.
- Many customers may require doctor recommended orthotics. Inserts may require added depth in the shoe and make it fit differently, so try to account for this adjustment.
- Struggling to find your perfect fit? Please contact us or call 1-877-727-7463.
For the Nubuck portions of the shoe:
- We recommend that you use a nylon bristle brush, such as the SAS Nubuck Shoe Brush to lightly brush away any remaining dirt from the material.
- Spray SAS Suede & Nubuck Cleaner on shoes. Use scrub cap from cleaner to loosen any excess dirt.
- Wipe clean with a soft dry rag and let shoe dry.
- Ensure that the shoe is dry before lightly coating with a Water Repellent product, such as the SAS Water Repellent.
- For the Aniline portions of the shoe:
For the Aniline portions of the shoe:
- Apply SAS Shoe Cleaner.
- Wipe with a damp cloth or rag. Repeat Steps 1 and 2 as necessary. Allow the shoe plenty of time to dry.
- Apply SAS Wax Polish or SAS Soft Leather Cream Polish in the appropriate color to the newly cleaned areas. Allow for the shoe to dry once again.
- Buff polished areas with a clean soft rag or the SAS Shoe Brush in order to create luster finish on the shoe.
Carefully apply SAS Sole Cleaner to a clean damp rag and buff gently. Repeat as necessary to completely remove all traces of dirt, smudges, or scuffs.
Use brush provided to remove any loose dirt.
Spray SAS Footbed Cleaner on footbeds, making sure to wet footbed completely. Let cleanser set for a few seconds to loosen dirt and stains.
Scrub with the brush in small, circular motions and bring to a light lather.
Wipe down with a clean damp rag to remove dirt, and let air dry.
Rebrush footbed with brush.
Repeat if necessary.
Still have a question about taking care of your shoes? Contact our CASA Department via email or call 1-877-727-7463, we're happy to help you out!